Assigned March 18/19, due March 25/26
Reading: Red Badge of Couragech. 7-15. Look for instances of Naturalism, Realism, Similes/Metaphors, Imagery. Pay attention to character development in the 3 main characters.
Commonplace Book: Continue
Writing Assignment: Similes, Metaphors, & Imagery from The Red Badge of Courage
- Your paper must be typed and formatted just like an essay. Double space!
- You will collect 20 examples (total, not of each one) of similes, metaphors, and imagery from the novel. Each example must be a complete sentence(s). (If you need more than one sentence to capture all of the imagery, that’s fine!)
- Each must be labeled correctly to receive credit.
- Cite the chapter number and page number for each one.
- This assignment counts as a paper grade.
He stood guard like a bear in the forest. – simile
He was a bear standing guard in the forest. – metaphor
He ran as if he had seen a bear. – good comparison, but not a simile